Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Gary Griswold <ga...@shortsands.com> on 2013/06/11 06:48:33 UTC

Air 3.5 or later

Hi all,

Are there any specific plans on when Air 3.5 or later will be packaged with a release of flex?  Are there any specific dates when this might be done?

There is a specific comment in the 4.9.1 release notes stating that release has not been tested with Air 3.5.

I am under the impression that Air 3.5 is the first release of Air that works with new features in IOS 6, and so is needed in order to write native extensions that use those features, such as the integration of facebook and twitter.

For my needs (and maybe the needs of others) keeping up with the releases of Air is more important that adding features to flex.

Sincerely yours,

Gary Griswold

Re: Air 3.5 or later

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Are there any specific plans on when Air 3.5 or later will be packaged with a release of flex?  Are there any specific dates when this might be done?
It's already be done in the develop branch and will be in the next SDK release. The new installer will let you select the version of FP and AIR you want, 3.5 is currently the default AIR version installed.

If you're using a Mac there's a command line script in the ide directory (again develop branch) that will correctly install AIR 3.5 (and the 3.6 version from Adobe labs) into a SDK for you.

> There is a specific comment in the 4.9.1 release notes stating that release has not been tested with Air 3.5.
This is still the case but there shouldn't be any issues with AIR 3.5 and Apache Flex 4.9/4.10.

Thanks,
Justin