Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Manohar Joshi <Ma...@sos.sungard.com> on 2008/05/23 12:19:15 UTC

where code resides exactally

Hi All

  I am new to Subversion and I have installed and configured subversion
on apache HTTPD 2.2 server.

When I created a repository (svnadmin create myrepos) and imported a
project directory there.

E.g. svn import <Directory> <Repository URL>

And done svn commit after that.

But since SVN is a code repository, I cannot see the code files anywhere
inside the repository.

Can you please tell me where these files get stored? I have read that it
uses FSFS.

My question is, if it is called as a repository then where those files
actually reside.

Right now I can see only following files in the repository directory.

Conf

Dav

Db

Hooks

Locks

Please help me on this

P Think before you print

Re: where code resides exactally

Posted by Matthieu Moy <Ma...@imag.fr>.
eg <eg...@gmail.com> writes:

> Manohar Joshi wrote:
>>
>> My question is, if it is called as a repository then where those
>> files actually reside.
>>

> They effectively reside in db\revs . You will see files with numerical
> names which effectively correspond to the checked in revisions.
>
> But they are not stored in their original format.
>
> They are stored in the encoded/delta-fied format that svn uses.

And in case it was not clear, you access the files with a checkout.

--
Matthieu

Re: where code resides exactally

Posted by eg <eg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jan Hardenbergh <ha...@terarecon.com>.
Don't you mean opaque? :-)
n Behalf Of Fouts Christopher (QNA RTP PT PREV)
  Sent: Friday, May 23, 2008 3:50 PM
  To: users@subversion.tigris.org
  Subject: RE: where code resides exactally

  It's essentially a database, so it's transparent to you.