Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Luis Mariano Guerra <ma...@event-fabric.com> on 2016/09/12 16:27:26 UTC

how to unit test streaming window jobs?

hi,

 is there a way to test window jobs?

I would like to build the job, give some inputs, "fast forward" to the next
window, collect the results and assert them.

Re: how to unit test streaming window jobs?

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
Hi Luis,

using Event Time windows, you should be able to generate some test data and
get predictable results.
Flink is internally using similar tests to ensure correctness of the
windowing implementation (for example
the EventTimeWindowCheckpointingITCase).

Regards,
Robert