Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Joose Vettenranta <jo...@iki.fi> on 2006/01/04 14:05:52 UTC

Re: cforms + htmlarea, how to fix html?

Sylvain Wallez kirjoitti 23.12.2005 kello 18:06:

> Joose Vettenranta wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm using cforms and in there I have htmlarea. I have tried this way:
>>
>> cocoon.procesPipelineTo("html2xml",{},output);
>>
>> <map:match pattern="html2xml">
>>      <map:generate type="html">
>>       <map:parameter name="form-name" value="content" />
>>      </map:generate>
>>      <map:serialize type="xml" />
>> </map:match>
>>
>> This solution works like 99% of the time..  Problems come when I
>> use Ä Ö or Å character (problem not present with äöå). problem
>> also is present with that word-style - sign, which is more larger
>> and prob. with more characters.. It encodes those to entities, but
>> like this: #123; .. so data what is saved to DB has entities and I
>> don't want to have entities there. Encoding is utf-8 so encoding
>> isn't needed.
>
> Have you checked that the serializer encoding is really UTF-8?
> Also, is the database column setup to accept UTF-8 characters?

Yep, utf-8 it is.. both.. äöå are also part of utf-8 and so if it
would not be utf-8, then those would be coded too. Also in postgresql-
db they are stored as UTF-8 chars (äöå) and as entities (ÄÖÅ).. also
other chars are also transleted to entities ->  bad.

- Joose

--
"Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else!"
* http://iki.fi/joose/ * joose@iki.fi * +358 44 561 0270 *