Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Vahan Harput <vh...@chello.at> on 2003/08/24 20:44:25 UTC

Question about Cactus test execution mechanism

Hi all,

I have the following question about the the description of the Cactus
framework under http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/how_it_works.html.

If I understand this description correctly, there are two instances of the
test case and the test case instance on the client side and the redirector
proxy on the server side communicate with each other over HTTP connections
during test case execution. This description however seems to consider only
the case where one starts the execution using a JUnit-Runner from the client
side. It does not seem to consider the case where the execution is started
from the browser using the ServletTestRunner. I would like to know whether
the description of the working mechanism is still valid in this case. That
is, whether the test case is still instantiated twice and one of these
instances still communicates over HTTP connections with the redirector
proxies if we start the test case execution using ServletTestRunner.

Best regards,
Vahan Harput