Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Wanqiang Ji <wa...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/25 06:49:31 UTC

YARN+MR APAC Sync Up Meeting Minutes 07/25

July 25, 2019

Participants: Cloudera, Tencent, Taiwan University, Xiaomi, ByteDance, JD,
Didi, Alibaba

ByteDance

   -

   Version: 2.6.0
   -

   1000+ patches
   -

   Fair scheduler
   -

      Improvements: like CS global scheduling
      -

   Scale: 40,000 hosts last year!!
   -

   Flink + Spark + MR + other computations
   -

   Not server side federation: client side to route apps to clusters
   -

   Largest cluster 10,000 nodes

Alibaba

   -

   Version: 3.1.0 (upgraded 1.5 year before)
   -

   CS + Global scheduling
   -

   Overcommitment with opportunistic containers -> increase utilization
   -

   Scheduler activities (share more details in upcoming meetup)

Xiaomi

   -

   2.6.0 -> 3.1.0 (upgrading in progress)
   -

   Migrate FS to CS
   -

   Investigating federation
   -

   TODO: Open umbrella for migration

Hadoop Meetup 8/10 discussion

   -

   Location TBD, most likely will be a one day event
   -

   Setting up a review-board, we are glad to have 1 or 2 contract-point
   from each company in this board, please nominate to junping_du@apache.org
   -

   Call for more talks!!!

FYI
Wanqiang Ji

俊平堵 <ju...@apache.org>于2019年7月25日 周四11:53写道:

Re: YARN+MR APAC Sync Up Meeting Minutes 07/25

Posted by Wanqiang Ji <wa...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for the previous mail with wrong format, I had fixed it.

Wanqiang Ji <wa...@gmail.com>于2019年7月25日 周四14:49写道:

Posted by Wanqiang Ji <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wanqiang Ji <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wanqiang Ji <wa...@gmail.com>.