Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Amit Sela <am...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/14 19:03:35 UTC

New testSideInputsWithMultipleWindows and should DoFnRunner explode if DoFn contains a side input ?

Hi all,

Yesterday a new test was added to ParDoTest suite:
"testSideInputsWithMultipleWindows".
To the best of my understanding, it's meant to test sideInputs for elements
in multiple windows (unexploded).

The Spark runner uses the DoFnRunner (Simple) to process DoFns, and it will
explode compressed elements only if it's "tagged" as "Observes Window".

Should it also explode if it has sideInputs ?

Thanks,
Amit

Re: New testSideInputsWithMultipleWindows and should DoFnRunner explode if DoFn contains a side input ?

Posted by Lukasz Cwik <lc...@google.com.INVALID>.
Yes, it should explode if it has side inputs as well.

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <kl...@google.com.INVALID>.
Yes, this is a bug in SimplerDoFnRunner (or maybe some clarity on whether
or not it owns this) not the Spark runner. FWIW the test is definitely
correct, and runners-core has had this bug for a while. It is
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-1149 and I'm on it.