Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Nisala Mendis <ni...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/16 11:32:18 UTC

GSoC 2016 with Apache Htrace

Hi Community,

I am Nisala Nirmana, Post graduate student from Sri Lanka. I would like to
participate GSoC under Apache Htrace under following ticket[1]. I have gone
through the code base/documentation bit. What I understood is that we need
to develop htrace-kudu module which is basically another Span Receiver
implementation that writes to Apache Kudu backend which is very similar
implementation already done for HBase.

Last year I participated under Apache Any23 project [2] and was able to
successfully complete it GSoC 2015. I hope mentors will give me some
pointers in order to further proceed on this.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COMDEV-192
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ANY23-207

Regards
Nisala

Re: GSoC 2016 with Apache Htrace

Posted by EZRA DELA CRUZ <my...@gmail.com>.
samsung mobile

Posted by "Colin P. McCabe" <cm...@apache.org>.
Hi Nisala,

It's great that you're interested in HTrace!  There are a lot of great
ideas for improving HTrace and its integration with the Hadoop
ecosystem.

A Kudu span receiver would be a great idea.  We would want to ensure
that the HTrace graphical user interface worked with Kudu.  We
probably want C client support as well (shouldn't be too bad, since
Kudu has a C API as well as a Java one).

best,
Colin

Posted by "Colin P. McCabe" <cm...@apache.org>.
Hi Nisala,