Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Jason Pavao <ja...@oracle.com> on 2013/09/26 01:53:41 UTC

CS4.2.0 issue- can't get cloud-agent installation for kvm host to start

Hey Folks,
I am trying to get a small cloud setup based on cs4.2.0, the management
head is up and running, however I cannot for the life of me get the
cloudstack-agent to start correctly-
[root@hosty cs420]# service cloudstack-agent start
Starting Cloud Agent:
[root@hosty cs420]# service cloudstack-agent status
cloudstack-agent dead but subsys locked

I've followed the instruction in the install guide for kvm to the
letter-
http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.2/html/Quick_Install_Guide/sect-qig-KVM-Installation.html

Any suggestions on how to get passed this issue?

--
Thanks.
-Jason

Re: CS4.2.0 issue- can't get cloud-agent installation for kvm host to start

Posted by Jason Pavao <ja...@oracle.com>.
I got passed this, turns out I didn't have libvirt/qemu kvm installed
even though I though I had taken care of those dependencies.

Thanks for all the offers of help. Now just to get the ssvm's started..
-jason

Posted by Travis Graham <tg...@tgraham.us>.

Posted by Dean Kamali <de...@gmail.com>.