Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Deepak Mehta <de...@deeeep.com> on 2004/05/03 21:53:12 UTC

Wierd error in Tomcat 5.0.21

Guys,

My freaky setup:

-MacOSX Client 10.3.3 with Java 1.4.2
-Jonas 4.0.0. with Tomcat 5.0.21
-Cocoon 2.1.4

The error is as follows below:

The two communities together, keep me on the treadmill all the time.
First Jonas upgrades then Cocoon does, then Jonas again and then Cocoon
again, ad infinitum! And when everything works, Apple decides to
upgrade!! Open Source is the opposite of Shampoos: one promises nice
long hair and with the other, you just simply tear them off your head
in frustration ;-)

Ciao!
Deeeep

--
Deepak 'Deeeep' Mehta
E-mail: deep@deeeep.com

PGP Fingerprint: 837E B8E6 6AF4 6675 2730  0848 7731 09F5 3445 00A5

It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.

Re: Wierd error in Tomcat 5.0.21

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Joerg Heinicke dijo:
> On 03.05.2004 21:53, Deepak Mehta wrote:
>
>> The two communities together, keep me on the treadmill all the time.
>> First Jonas upgrades then Cocoon does, then Jonas again and then Cocoon
>> again, ad infinitum! And when everything works, Apple decides to
>> upgrade!! Open Source is the opposite of Shampoos: one promises nice
>> long hair and with the other, you just simply tear them off your head
>> in frustration ;-)
>
> But isn't that with all software product, not only open source. As soon
> as you use products of more than one producer you will have these
> problems. And I guess the same can be true if you use different products
> of only one producer.
>
> And: nobody forces you to upgrade from working combination if it's
> really that difficult ;-)

Hi:

Please make sure you are using STABLE releases.

<rant>
Why are you using Tomcat 5.0.21? AFAIK the lastest STABLE tomcat release
is 5.0.19. If you are willing to work with non-stable versions, then why
are you ranting?
</rant>

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: Wierd error in Tomcat 5.0.21

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 03.05.2004 21:53, Deepak Mehta wrote:

> The two communities together, keep me on the treadmill all the time.
> First Jonas upgrades then Cocoon does, then Jonas again and then Cocoon
> again, ad infinitum! And when everything works, Apple decides to
> upgrade!! Open Source is the opposite of Shampoos: one promises nice
> long hair and with the other, you just simply tear them off your head
> in frustration ;-)

But isn't that with all software product, not only open source. As soon
as you use products of more than one producer you will have these
problems. And I guess the same can be true if you use different products
of only one producer.

And: nobody forces you to upgrade from working combination if it's
really that difficult ;-)

Joerg