Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Pramod Sokke <pr...@investools.com> on 2000/10/03 19:30:50 UTC

AuthDBI - semget failed problem

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up Authentication using Apache::AuthDBI. I'm establishing db connections at startup.
I've set $Apache::DBI::DEBUG = 2.

When I start the server, I get the following message for every child process:
Apache::AuthDBI         PerlChildInitHandler semget failed

And whenever I access the server, I get these messages in my error log:

Apache::AuthDBI         PerlChildInitHandler semget failed
Apache::AuthDBI         PerlChildExitHandler shmread failed
Apache::AuthDBI         PerlChildExitHandler shmwrite failed

What does all this mean?
Also, I'm trying to cache the passwords, so I don't have to lookup the db again, but for the same user and password, I get this message:

Apache::AuthDBI::authen passwd not found in cache

The following is a snippet from my startup.pl :

use Apache::DBI;
use DBD::Sybase;
use Apache::AuthDBI;

$Apache::DBI::DEBUG = 2;

Apache::DBI->connect_on_init
("dbi:Sybase:$server",
  '$login',
  '$passwd',
  {
    PrintError => 1, #warn() on errors
    RaiseError => 0, # don't die on error
    AutoCommit => 1, # commit executes immediately
  }
);

Apache::DBI->setPingTimeOut("dbi:Sybase:$server", 0);

Apache::AuthDBI->setCacheTime(1000);

Apache::AuthDBI->setCleanupTime(1000);

Apache::AuthDBI->initIPC(50000);

Could somebody throw some light on this?
Thanks in advance!
-Pramod