Posted to dev@polygene.apache.org by Paul Merlin <pa...@nosphere.org> on 2015/07/17 16:05:46 UTC

2.1 distributions pre-release review

Gang,

I think we are almost ready to cut a first Apache release.

Before going down the Apache release way, I'd like to get some
preliminary review of the Apache Zest distributions. We won't do this
for future releases but I think it's worthwile doing it before the first
one.

So, please checkout the `develop` branch and:

./gradlew -Dversion=2.1-RC0 assemble -x signArchives

Then check the Source and Binary Distributions in build/distributions/

Passing a non-0 and non-SNAPSHOT version to the build is mandatory so
that ReleaseSpecification is applied to the distributions and to the
generated manual.

Please use a recent JDK 7 and note that you'll need a valid Asciidoc
installation to build the manual. If you want to skip this last step,
add `-x website` to the build command line. The manual will then be
missing from the Binary Distribution.

Here are some checks to do:
- inclusion of releasable modules only
- licensing issues (see http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html)
- build from the source distribution
- manual in the binary distribution
- use jars from the binary distribution

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Cheers

/Paul

PS: this won't include eventsourcing* libraries are they do not pass the
ReleaseSpec, yet!

Re: 2.1 distributions pre-release review

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
And I am traveling. Left Romania today. Now in Sweden, and will go to
Malaysia tomorrow, visit Zomba-land on Tuesday, and possibly ready to clean
up my mess on Wednesday/Tuesday.

Cheers
Niclas

--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

Re: 2.1 distributions pre-release review

Posted by Paul Merlin <pa...@nosphere.org>.

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,
sorry a quick question, now that we are near holidays ... da you have
some idea of the timeframe for the release vote ?

Paul, waiting for your start :-) .

Bye

Posted by Paul Merlin <pa...@nosphere.org>.
Gang,