Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Rakesh R <ra...@huawei.com> on 2012/06/14 10:13:46 UTC

Preparing bookkeeper environment during bookie startup

Hi All,

As per my understanding, bookkeeper doesn't have the logic to pre-create the following items and the operators need to manually create all these items before starting the bookkeeper. I feel it would be great if the bookkepper himself will internally maintaining logic to prepare bookkeeper environment ?

Currently following items to be pre-created by the admin:

Zookeeper paths (znodes):
-------------------------------
- ledger's root path
- bookie's available path

Directories:
-------------------------------
- Journal directories
- Ledger directories

-Rakesh

RE: Preparing bookkeeper environment during bookie startup

Posted by Rakesh R <ra...@huawei.com>.
Yeah it would be admin command, used for cleaning and preparing the bk env ready to start.
BTW, could you please give the JIRA id.

-Rakesh
Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rakesh R <ra...@huawei.com>.