Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Fernanda Foertter <fe...@pic.com> on 2010/05/25 18:06:45 UTC

Panasas and Cassandra

Hi everyone,

So we have Panasas (http://www.panasas.com), and want to avoid local drives.
Because panasas has its own redundancy and cache, Can I set RF=1?  If so,
can you think of any reason why we shouldn¹t use panasas?

Thanks in advance

ŒFernie¹

Re: Panasas and Cassandra

Posted by Fernanda Foertter <fe...@pic.com>.
Two reasons:

Do a single node test of large file read/write without having to purchase
additional hard rives at the moment.

Benefit from I/O Panasas delivers that I can't get from local drives...

Keeping the data local, for easier loading.

Re: Panasas and Cassandra

Posted by Ryan King <ry...@twitter.com>.