Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Aram Mirzadeh <aw...@mbcli.com> on 2010/07/27 15:21:44 UTC

PowerPoint master styles and Picture class question

Hi,

Two questions:

1) I'm adding in an image (png) to a slide, there doesn't seem to be a
way of getting the width and height of the image via the Picture class.
  Is there a class that I'm missing that can provide this or do I just
have to read in the file seperately and figure out it's width and height
so I can figure out placement?

2) A power point file usually has 1 "master" and a bunch of styles under
that master.  How do I apply the styles from that master to a particular
slide?

The reason I'm asking is that:

final SlideMaster[] master = ppt.getSlidesMasters();

master.length = 1;

So where are the sub-masters, or styles stored?

Thanks.

Re: PowerPoint master styles and Picture class question

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.
On Thu, 5 Aug 2010, Aram Mirzadeh wrote:
> I still haven't been able to find anything further on this.  Is this
> something that is not implemented?

I would suggest that you create several different files, all quite simple
but slight different, eg:
* same png, sized as small, medium and large
* default master styles, one style different, two styles different

For both the cases where you're not sure how things work

Then, use the dev tools to see how the files differ, and see which records
are responsible.

Finally, do please feed back patches if you end up adding new
functionality for your needs!

Nick

Re: PowerPoint master styles and Picture class question

Posted by Aram Mirzadeh <aw...@mbcli.com>.