Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Gourab Chowdhury <go...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/29 13:47:07 UTC

To find the Lag of consumer offset using kafka client library

I can get the *Lag* of offsets with the following command:-

bin/kafka-run-class.sh kafka.admin.ConsumerGroupCommand --zookeeper
localhost:2182 --describe --group DemoConsumer

I am trying to find code that uses kafka library to find the *Lag* of
offsets in consumer?

Also is there any other documentation other than https://github.com/apache/
kafka/tree/trunk/docs? I can't find much documentation of kafka.

Thanks,
Gourab Chowdhury,
Software Engg. JunctionTV Inc.

Re: To find the Lag of consumer offset using kafka client library

Posted by Anish Mashankar <an...@systeminsights.com>.
Yes. kafka.admin helps. You can create an application that resembles the
ConsumerGroupCommand.scala to get consumer offsets for both old and new
consumers.

Posted by Gourab Chowdhury <go...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jan Omar <ja...@wooga.net>.
Hi Gourab,