Posted to users@camel.apache.org by sanjaykumargupta007 <sa...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/20 09:24:52 UTC

Camel High CPU Usages

I have a java+camel bases application which is consuming huge amount of CPU.
it various from 40-90% of CPU in production. I tried to replicate the issue
in my local environment and started 700 routes (file endpoints) and it is
consistently taking 70-80% CPU.

I want to know is there any way I can reduce the CPU utilization by
configuring some setting while starting up the routes?

regards
sanjay

Re: Camel High CPU Usages

Posted by souciance <so...@gmail.com>.
Why do you have one camel app with 700 routes?

Re: Camel High CPU Usages

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Are all those routes consuming from files?

That is a lot of file consumers to have in one JVM. By default they
get 1 private thread each, instead you can share a thread pool among
them so they reuse threads. And set a sensitive number of threads in
that pool.

<sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a java+camel bases application which is consuming huge amount of CPU.
> it various from 40-90% of CPU in production. I tried to replicate the issue
> in my local environment and started 700 routes (file endpoints) and it is
> consistently taking 70-80% CPU.
>
> I want to know is there any way I can reduce the CPU utilization by
> configuring some setting while starting up the routes?
>
> regards
> sanjay

Claus Ibsen
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus