Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by jochenw <jo...@googlemail.com> on 2015/06/30 08:11:26 UTC

bundle:watch * as default setting

Hello,

I'm currently setting up a Karaf development environment for multiple teams.
We will use remote debugging from Eclipse, and bundles under development are
loaded on Karaf startup from the developers' local maven repository
(additional bundles might come from a central repo, which is configured in
org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg). To avoid additional copying and/or
installing/starting/refreshing bundles, the bundle:watch command comes in
handy.

Now my questions:

1. Is there a way to automatically issue the bundle:watch * command after
startup of the container *and* installation and startup of all boot
features? Entering the command into org.apache.karaf.shell.cfg does not
help, since the shell is started before installation / start of all boot
features has finished.

2. Is there a way to automatically add all bundles from the local maven repo
to the watch list, without the need to re-issue the bundle:watch * command,
even if new bundles are installed? (Of course, a solution for 2. would also
automatically solve 1.)

Best Regards,

Jochen

Re: bundle:watch * as default setting

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Jochen,

1. if you enable bundle:watch the status will be store in the data
folder. So even if you restart, if you don't remove the data folder, the
bundle:watch will be enabled.

2. it's the case by default: bundle:watch * will watch all SNAPSHOT
bundles, even the new installed (it's a thread).

Regards
JB

On 06/30/2015 08:11 AM, jochenw wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm currently setting up a Karaf development environment for multiple teams.
> We will use remote debugging from Eclipse, and bundles under development are
> loaded on Karaf startup from the developers' local maven repository
> (additional bundles might come from a central repo, which is configured in
> org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg). To avoid additional copying and/or
> installing/starting/refreshing bundles, the bundle:watch command comes in
> handy.
>
> Now my questions:
>
> 1. Is there a way to automatically issue the bundle:watch * command after
> startup of the container *and* installation and startup of all boot
> features? Entering the command into org.apache.karaf.shell.cfg does not
> help, since the shell is started before installation / start of all boot
> features has finished.
>
> 2. Is there a way to automatically add all bundles from the local maven repo
> to the watch list, without the need to re-issue the bundle:watch * command,
> even if new bundles are installed? (Of course, a solution for 2. would also
> automatically solve 1.)
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Jochen

Jean-Baptiste Onofré