Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/04 23:16:06 UTC

Trunk build hangs on windows

Since 10/03, I'm seeing the trunk build hang on windows while doing
one of the configs. It was packaging the car while it froze.

The memory usage was at 300+. The build was the only program running.

The automated builds on Linux doesn't seem to have this problem.

Any other windows user seeing this ?

Cheers
Prasad

Re: Trunk build hangs on windows

Posted by Shiva Kumar H R <sh...@gmail.com>.
Interesting to know that G builds successfully even with an m2 repo that
resides in a lengthy pathname with spaces.

And yes G builds successfully for me too on Win-XP (although I have been
using a shorter path E:\m2repo for my m2 repo).

On 10/5/07, Anita Kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>    Thanks to Jareck's URL fix I can build from c:\Documents and
> settings/../.m2 repo. I can start the framework and jetty minimal
> server. I am getting corrupt jar for both javaee5 servers.
>
> Thanks
> Anita
>
> --- Tim McConnell <ti...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Prasad, I'm not -- I just successfully built trunk on
> > Windows......
> >

> > Prasad Kashyap wrote:
> > > Since 10/03, I'm seeing the trunk build hang on windows while doing
> > > one of the configs. It was packaging the car while it froze.
> > >
> > > The memory usage was at 300+. The build was the only program
> > running.
> > >
> > > The automated builds on Linux doesn't seem to have this problem.
> > >
> > > Any other windows user seeing this ?
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > > Prasad
> > >

> > --
> > Thanks,
> > Tim McConnell

> Tonight's top picks. What will you watch tonight? Preview the hottest
> shows on Yahoo! TV.
> http://tv.yahoo.com/

Shiva

Come to ApacheCon US 2007 or OS Summit Asia 2007 and learn about
"Java EE 5 App Development on Geronimo 2.0 simplified using Eclipse"
http://us.apachecon.com/us2007/program/talk/2003
http://www.ossummit.com/2007/program/talk/16

Re: Trunk build hangs on windows

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, I was seeing that too. I was spending too much time rebuilding
all the assemblies so I took a look and found one possible problem.
Just committed a fix that seems to work for me.

Jarek

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Anita Kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.

http://tv.yahoo.com/

Re: Trunk build hangs on windows

Posted by Tim McConnell <ti...@gmail.com>.

Prasad Kashyap wrote:
> Since 10/03, I'm seeing the trunk build hang on windows while doing
> one of the configs. It was packaging the car while it froze.
>
> The memory usage was at 300+. The build was the only program running.
>
> The automated builds on Linux doesn't seem to have this problem.
>
> Any other windows user seeing this ?
>
> Cheers
> Prasad

Tim McConnell