Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Syed Ahmed <sa...@cloudops.com> on 2013/11/20 20:59:38 UTC

Error while running master

Hi All,

I am facing the following error when running the latest master. I have
done a clean compile and have dropped and created the db again.

[WARNING] Nested in
org.springframework.context.ApplicationContextException: Failed to start
bean 'cloudStackLifeCycle'; nested exception is
com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: DB Exception on:
com.mysql.jdbc.JDBC4PreparedStatement@538a1556: SELECT disk_offering.id,
disk_offering.domain_id, disk_offering.unique_name, disk_offering.name,
disk_offering.display_text, disk_offering.disk_size, disk_offering.tags,
disk_offering.type, disk_offering.removed, disk_offering.created,
disk_offering.recreatable, disk_offering.use_local_storage,
disk_offering.system_use, disk_offering.customized, disk_offering.uuid,
disk_offering.customized_iops, disk_offering.min_iops,
disk_offering.max_iops, disk_offering.sort_key,
disk_offering.bytes_read_rate, disk_offering.bytes_write_rate,
disk_offering.iops_read_rate, disk_offering.iops_write_rate,
disk_offering.cache_mode, disk_offering.display_offering,
disk_offering.state, disk_offering.hv_ss_reserve, service_offering.cpu,
service_offering.speed, service_offering.ram_size,
service_offering.nw_rate, service_offering.mc_rate,
service_offering.ha_enabled, service_offering.limit_cpu_use,
service_offering.is_volatile, service_offering.host_tag,
service_offering.default_use, service_offering.vm_type,
service_offering.sort_key, service_offering.deployment_planner FROM
service_offering INNER JOIN disk_offering ON
service_offering.id=disk_offering.id  WHERE disk_offering.type='Service'
AND disk_offering.unique_name = _binary'Cloud.Com-Small Instance'  AND
disk_offering.system_use = 1 AND disk_offering.removed IS NULL :
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown
column 'disk_offering.cache_mode' in 'field list'

This is the definition of disk_offering from create-schema.sql

CREATE TABLE `cloud`.`disk_offering` (
   `id` bigint unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
   `domain_id` bigint unsigned,
   `name` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
   `uuid` varchar(40),
   `display_text` varchar(4096) NULL COMMENT 'Descrianaption text set by the admin for display purpose only',
   `disk_size` bigint unsigned NOT NULL COMMENT 'disk space in byte',
   `type` varchar(32) COMMENT 'inheritted by who?',
   `tags` varchar(4096) COMMENT 'comma separated tags about the disk_offering',
   `recreatable` tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'The root disk is always recreatable',
   `use_local_storage` tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'Indicates whether local storage pools should be used',
   `unique_name` varchar(32) UNIQUE COMMENT 'unique name',
   `system_use` tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'is this offering for system used only',
   `customized` tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT '0 implies not customized by default',
   `removed` datetime COMMENT 'date removed',
   `created` datetime COMMENT 'date the disk offering was created',
   `sort_key` int(32) NOT NULL default 0 COMMENT 'sort key used for customising sort method',
   PRIMARY KEY  (`id`),
   INDEX `i_disk_offering__removed`(`removed`),
   CONSTRAINT `uc_disk_offering__uuid` UNIQUE (`uuid`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

And this is in my DB

mysql> describe disk_offering;
+-------------------+---------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| Field             | Type                | Null | Key | Default | Extra          |
+-------------------+---------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| id                | bigint(20) unsigned | NO   | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment |
| domain_id         | bigint(20) unsigned | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| name              | varchar(255)        | NO   |     | NULL    |                |
| uuid              | varchar(40)         | YES  | UNI | NULL    |                |
| display_text      | varchar(4096)       | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| disk_size         | bigint(20) unsigned | NO   |     | NULL    |                |
| type              | varchar(32)         | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| tags              | varchar(4096)       | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| recreatable       | tinyint(1) unsigned | NO   |     | 0       |                |
| use_local_storage | tinyint(1) unsigned | NO   |     | 0       |                |
| unique_name       | varchar(32)         | YES  | UNI | NULL    |                |
| system_use        | tinyint(1) unsigned | NO   |     | 0       |                |
| customized        | tinyint(1) unsigned | NO   |     | 0       |                |
| removed           | datetime            | YES  | MUL | NULL    |                |
| created           | datetime            | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| sort_key          | int(32)             | NO   |     | 0       |                |
| display_offering  | tinyint(1)          | NO   |     | 1       |                |
| customized_iops   | tinyint(1) unsigned | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| min_iops          | bigint(20) unsigned | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| max_iops          | bigint(20) unsigned | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| bytes_read_rate   | bigint(20)          | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| bytes_write_rate  | bigint(20)          | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| iops_read_rate    | bigint(20)          | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| iops_write_rate   | bigint(20)          | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| state             | char(40)            | NO   |     | Active  |                |
| hv_ss_reserve     | int(32) unsigned    | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
+-------------------+---------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
26 rows in set (0.00 sec)

I don't see "cache_mode" anywhere. Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,
-Syed

Re: Error while running master

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Hugo.

Wido, it failed when CS create the default offerings in
server/src/com/cloud/server/ConfigurationServerImpl.java, as "Column
'cache_mode' cannot be null" . Can you fix it?
Can cache_mode be null in database?

Posted by Hugo Trippaers <hu...@trippaers.nl>.

Posted by Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com>.
Here's a wiki page about it.

Posted by Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com>.
Feature freeze for 4.3 is closed.  This should go into the new db upgrade.

--Alex

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

Posted by Syed Ahmed <sa...@cloudops.com>.

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.