Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> on 2010/06/08 20:18:12 UTC

Content loading on Jackrabbit 1.6.2

We're running a patched version of the Jackrabbit Server bundle
(o.a.s.jcr.jr.server) 2.0.6, where we have upgraded the Jackrabbit
bundles to 1.6.2.This in order to get a fix for the nasty JCR-2554
bug, which was crashing our application daily.

Now we have an issue with initial loading of files:
08.06.2010 20:12:33.786 *ERROR* [Background Update kolibri-files (42)]
org.apache.sling.jcr.contentloader.internal.Loader Cannot load initial
content for bundle kolibri-files : no matching property definition
found for {http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0}lastModified
javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: no matching property
definition found for {http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0}lastModified
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.EffectiveNodeType.getApplicablePropertyDef(EffectiveNodeType.java:770)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.NodeImpl.getApplicablePropertyDefinition(NodeImpl.java:911)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemManager.getDefinition(ItemManager.java:224)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemData.getDefinition(ItemData.java:97)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.PropertyData.getPropertyDefinition(PropertyData.java:53)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.PropertyImpl.getDefinition(PropertyImpl.java:729)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.NodeImpl.setProperty(NodeImpl.java:2512)
	at org.apache.sling.jcr.contentloader.internal.DefaultContentCreator.createProperty(DefaultContentCreator.java:435)
	at org.apache.sling.jcr.contentloader.internal.DefaultContentCreator.createFileAndResourceNode(DefaultContentCreator.java:659)
	at org.apache.sling.jcr.contentloader.internal.Loader.createFile(Loader.java:576)
	at org.apache.sling.jcr.contentloader.internal.Loader.handleFile(Loader.java:462)
	at org.apache.sling.jcr.contentloader.internal.Loader.installFromPath(Loader.java:409)
	at org.apache.sling.jcr.contentloader.internal.Loader.installFromPath(Loader.java:404)
	at org.apache.sling.jcr.contentloader.internal.Loader.installContent(Loader.java:275)
	at org.apache.sling.jcr.contentloader.internal.Loader.registerBundleInternal(Loader.java:183)
	at org.apache.sling.jcr.contentloader.internal.Loader.registerBundle(Loader.java:122)
	at org.apache.sling.jcr.contentloader.internal.ContentLoaderService.bundleChanged(ContentLoaderService.java:146)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.invokeBundleListenerCallback(EventDispatcher.java:800)

The problem seems to be that the createFileAndResourceNode method
attempts to create a nt:resource node, and set the jcr:lastModified
property to a Long value, whereas the jcr:lastModified property is
defined as a Date.

But this definition hasn't changed between Jackrabbit 1.6.0 and 1.6.2.

So why does this suddenly break? And, perhaps more interesting, why
did it work in the first place?

Vidar S. Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> - http://www.idium.no
Sommerrogata 13-15, N-0255 Oslo, Norway
+ 47 22 00 84 00 / +47 22 00 84 76
Quando omni flunkus moritatus!

Re: Content loading on Jackrabbit 1.6.2

Posted by Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no>.
On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 8:18 PM, Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> wrote:
> We're running a patched version of the Jackrabbit Server bundle
> (o.a.s.jcr.jr.server) 2.0.6, where we have upgraded the Jackrabbit
> bundles to 1.6.2.This in order to get a fix for the nasty JCR-2554
> bug, which was crashing our application daily.
>
> Now we have an issue with initial loading of files:
> 08.06.2010 20:12:33.786 *ERROR* [Background Update kolibri-files (42)]
> org.apache.sling.jcr.contentloader.internal.Loader Cannot load initial
> content for bundle kolibri-files : no matching property definition
> found for {http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0}lastModified
> javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: no matching property
> definition found for {http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0}lastModified
> [...]
> The problem seems to be that the createFileAndResourceNode method
> attempts to create a nt:resource node, and set the jcr:lastModified
> property to a Long value, whereas the jcr:lastModified property is
> defined as a Date.
>
> But this definition hasn't changed between Jackrabbit 1.6.0 and 1.6.2.
>
> So why does this suddenly break? And, perhaps more interesting, why
> did it work in the first place?

Should have realised that this is most of all a Jackrabbit issue. See
the thread at dev@jackrabbit.apache.org [2] for more details.

[2] http://markmail.org/thread/4v2v6qzpvk75kv4h