Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Nicholas Chammas <ni...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/08 02:59:41 UTC

Contributor CLAs

I've seen many other OSS projects ask contributors to sign CLAs. I've never
seen us do that.

I assume it's not an issue, since people opening PRs generally understand
what it means. But legally I'm sure there's some danger in taking an
implied vs. explicit license to do something.

So: Do we need to make people sign contributor CLAs?

I'm betting Sean Owen knows something about this... :)

Nick

Re: Contributor CLAs

Posted by Matei Zaharia <ma...@gmail.com>.
You do actually sign a CLA when you become a committer, and in general, we should ask for CLAs from anyone who contributes a large piece of code. This is the individual CLA: https://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt. Some people have sent them proactively because their employer asks them too.

Matei

Re: Contributor CLAs

Posted by Nicholas Chammas <ni...@gmail.com>.
SGTM.