Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sven Kuenzler <sv...@tzi.de> on 2000/05/16 13:10:02 UTC

Cocoon 1.7.4 soon?

Hi,

I was just wondering when the next release of Cocoon can be expected. On
the dev list, there were some reports and a fix of a performance leak.
Is this a reason for releasing a new version soon?

I ask because I would like our adminstrator to install a new version
(currently, there is Cocoon 1.0 running ;), but I don't want to bother
her with new versions every other week.

  Sven....

Re: Cocoon 1.7.4 soon?

Posted by Jonathan Stimmel <jo...@stimmel.net>.
On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 01:10:02PM +0200, Sven Kuenzler wrote:

> I was just wondering when the next release of Cocoon can be expected. On
> the dev list, there were some reports and a fix of a performance leak.
> Is this a reason for releasing a new version soon?

I imagine the performance leak you're referring to is the the problem
with the cache cleanup thread taking too much CPU. You can work around
this easily by multiplying your "store.interval = 30000" (in the
cocoon.properties file) by 1000 (to convert to milliseconds) until
the next version is released.

Re: Cocoon 1.7.4 soon?

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
svenk@Informatik.Uni-Bremen.DE wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering when the next release of Cocoon can be expected. On
> the dev list, there were some reports and a fix of a performance leak.
> Is this a reason for releasing a new version soon?
>
> I ask because I would like our adminstrator to install a new version
> (currently, there is Cocoon 1.0 running ;), but I don't want to bother
> her with new versions every other week.

That's why I install new releases of cocoon on my local machine first
and when it runs fine, I'll install it on our production webserver.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung

Re: Cocoon 1.7.4 soon?

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Sven Kuenzler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering when the next release of Cocoon can be expected. On
> the dev list, there were some reports and a fix of a performance leak.

No, it was a misunderstanding between seconds and milliseconds, it's not
a bug, but if you configured your memory store sleep time as 10, this is
not seconds but milliseconds, so the CPU is very likely to be consumed
by the memory sweeping background thread.

Just move this to 10000 to be sure.

> Is this a reason for releasing a new version soon?

No

> I ask because I would like our adminstrator to install a new version
> (currently, there is Cocoon 1.0 running ;), but I don't want to bother
> her with new versions every other week.

1.7.4-dev fixed some XSP bugs for the util: taglib, but rather than
this, shows no significant problems.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.