Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2008/04/15 08:35:32 UTC

RCF Status?

> Incubating since: May 2007.
> The project sources have not yet been committed to Apache svn.

I've checked http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-rcf-dev/, as
well, and there is hardly any traffic, although in December 2007 you
mentioned that there was work happening to bring the code into the ASF.

Can you please elaborate on the status and issues?

	--- Noel

Re: RCF Status?

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 4/17/08, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>  So, to sum it up, we must align our donation to open source with current oracle
>  deliverable dates and branches to ensure existing products and
>  customers are not affected.
>
>  We don't want a "through it over the wall" donation. We want one that
>  is used within the community
>  and Oracle, so we currently are discussion the "migration" strategy.

Shouldn't this (also) be discussed on rcf-dev? I suppose it is also a
community discussion.

Martijn

Re: RCF Status?

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 8:35 AM, Noel J. Bergman <no...@devtech.com> wrote:
> > Incubating since: May 2007.
>  > The project sources have not yet been committed to Apache svn.
>
>  I've checked http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-rcf-dev/, as
>  well, and there is hardly any traffic, although in December 2007 you
>  mentioned that there was work happening to bring the code into the ASF.

yes. we meet yesterday about our strategy to get the code finally out.

>  Can you please elaborate on the status and issues?

the current status is, that there is no code yet in the ASF svn repo.

We all want to get is out as soon as possible! No doubt to that.
We have some internal (oracle) discussion about migration for
our existing customers, since the code-base is already used inside
the company. We will have some more meetings before we can commit
the initial code base.

So, to sum it up, we must align our donation to open source with current oracle
deliverable dates and branches to ensure existing products and
customers are not affected.

We don't want a "through it over the wall" donation. We want one that
is used within the community
and Oracle, so we currently are discussion the "migration" strategy.

-Matthias

>         --- Noel

Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff: