Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Shayesteh Alavi <al...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/04 09:18:56 UTC

XLS to HTML

Hi all

I would like to convert my xls file to html with all styles attribute.
(font, color, ...)
Is there any function or way to do that with Apache POI?

Thanks

Re: XLS to HTML

Posted by MSB <ma...@tiscali.co.uk>.
There is no in-built way to accomplish this, you would need to write the code
yourself.

However, I do remember - at least I think I do - that another list member
has already written an xls to HTML conversion routine. At the time, I never
looked closely at it so cannot be sure just how detailed it is but it would
certainly serve as a very good basis for your project. If you go to the
archives and have a search back through the postings, I am pretty sure you
will be able to find the message. If I am correct, you will need to go back
at the most two months.

If you want a 'one stop' solution, then take a look at JODConverter. It uses
OpenOffice to perform file conversions and may be what you are looking for.
Be aware however that it may not write the HTML just as you would like, less
control but more ease I suppose.

Yours

Mark B