Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by kedardes <ke...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/15 21:43:29 UTC

Solr exception with missing required field (meta_guid_s)

Hi, I have a data-config file where I map the fields of a very simple table
using dynamic field definitions :

	<document name="names">
        	<entity name="names" query="select * from test">
        		<field column="id" name="id_i" />
             		<field column="name" name="name_s" />
             		<field column="city" name="city_s" />
		</entity>
	</document>

but when I run the dataimport I get this error:
WARNING: Error creating document : SolrInputDocumnt[{id_i=id_i(1.0)={2},
name_s=name_s(1.0)={John Smith}, city_s=city_s(1.0)={Newark}}]
org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Document [null] missing required
field: meta_guid_s

>From the schema.xml I see that the meta_guid_s field is defined as a "Global
unique ID" but does this have to be set explicitly or mapped to a particular
field?

thanks.

Re: Solr exception with missing required field (meta_guid_s)

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
The "Global Unique ID" is a field that must be set, and must have a
different value in every document.

The schema design is unusual - meta_guid_s is a wildcard name. Since
the field must always be set, it will be more clear if the schema
gives this a name that is not a wildcard. For example, "meta_guid".

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

Re: Solr exception with missing required field (meta_guid_s)

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.