Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Reinier (Linux 2.2.12)" <re...@clabo.co.za> on 2003/03/15 15:29:48 UTC

Tapestry, jBoss, Cayenne and mySQL - possible?

Hi all,

Ok, I've been trying to get Tapestry to go with Tomcat4 and Cayenne (for
persistence), and it's been going (slow, but going).

However, it seems as if the vlib example has quite a few things that I
would like to have in my app (login, protected pages, bookmarkable urls,
etc).  But - the McKoi db is a no-go (I think ;-).

So, before I tackle yet another change of direction, can I possibly do
the above - use Tapestry (and vlib) with Cayenne and mySQL under jBoss?
Does this make sense?

This whole area is new for me, so I'm learning as I go . . .

Thanx
reinier

RE: Tapestry, jBoss, Cayenne and mySQL - possible?

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>.
With effort, you could certainly do a port.  The Vlib example is actually
quite old.  It uses EJB CMP 2.0 and some session beans.  You could keep the
functionality but make use of Cayenne with some effort ... it isn't
plug-n-play.

All the functionality you describe is in the presentation layer, controlled
by Tapestry.  The application layer (EJBs) is for persistence.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components