Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Peter Firmstone <pe...@zeus.net.au> on 2015/12/22 00:54:30 UTC

River 3.0 release

There's new api in org.apache.river.api.lookup and org.apache.river.api.util I'd like to remove before releasing.

This relates to
StreamServiceRegistrar, it doesn't have any implementation yet, also only net.jini.* is agreed upon as api.

I think the additional lookup method would be better if it was included with an implementation in River 3.1, perhaps as a java 8 default method in ServiceRegistrar for compatibility reasons (doesn't require an additional interface).

For now unless there's any disagreement I'll remove them before releasing.

This will be our best release yet, with over 200 less bugs than River 2.2.1, over 200 more unit tests and significant performance improvements while reducing our maintenance debt.

Although I've been mostly responsible for fixing JMM non compliance, this works is a result of the combined efforts of a number of committers and external contributors.

In following releases, I look forward to working with you, fixing performance issues identified by the original Jini team, documented on Jira, fixing security vulnerabilities, the modular build and support for ipv6 discovery.

Regards,

Peter.

eSent from my Samsung device.