Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jason Novotny <no...@aei.mpg.de> on 2003/09/22 14:10:41 UTC

dynamically reloading webapps

    Hi,

    I'm using Tomcat 4.1.27 and I'm interested in teh features of the
manager webapp.
Specifically I have a "suite" of web applications. One web application,
call it "master" is a webapplication that requires access to the
ServletContext objects of the other web applications, so I have
configured the server.xml with the following:

    <Context path="/master" docBase="gridsphere" debug="0"
reloadable="true" crossContext="true">
prefix="localhost_master_log." suffix=".txt" timestamp="true"/>
        </Context>

    OK, now my question is it possible to use the manager webapp, so
that can I dynamically reload one of the slave applications. However, my
"master" webappliation then needs to get the new servlet context of the
redeployed slave webapplication-- does this mean I also have to reload
my "master" webapplication as well? Any experience from others that have
done this is much appreciated.

    Thanks, Jason