Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Abhishek Sagar <cs...@cse.iitd.ac.in> on 2012/03/10 16:05:09 UTC

regarding GSOC 2012

Hi,
I was wondering if Apache lucene is participating in GSOC this year as I
found this page
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=labels+%3D+lucene-gsoc-12
about project ideas but it has no JIRAs except for the gsoc
participation announcement. I would like to discuss the possibility for
a gsoc project.

I am fairly proficient with Java and am currently in my final year in
IIT Delhi, India. I have worked with lucene in the past too.

Regards,
Abhishek Sagar
5th year Dual Degree Student(Btech+Mtech)
CSE, IIT Delhi
India

Re: regarding GSOC 2012

Posted by Abhishek Sagar <cs...@cse.iitd.ac.in>.
Thats great ! :)

I am currently browsing through the jiras and find this one interesting
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2962.

Most of the jiras mentioned require understanding of the code structure
and talk about quite specific things from the implementation. I have
used solr but have never worked with the source of lucene. Although I
think I can catch up.

I would most probably continue on this. Considering me an absolute
beginner in lucene some pointers will definitely help. For now I have
started browsing the documentation.

Also, Could this be a https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-956
student project ? What is the status on this.

--
Abhishek Sagar

Re: regarding GSOC 2012

Posted by Simon Willnauer <si...@googlemail.com>.