Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Suyog Parlikar <su...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/17 14:02:30 UTC

Hive partition load

Hello everyone,

Can we load different partitions of a hive table simultaneously.

Is there any locking issues in that if yes what are they?

Please find below example for more details.

Consider I have a hive table test with two partition p1 and p2.

I want to load the data into partition p1 and p2 at the same time.

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks,
Suyog

Re: Hive partition load

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.
Yes, you can load different partitions simultaneously.

Alan.