Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Eric Frazier <ef...@kwinternet.com> on 2002/04/17 21:47:16 UTC

mod_proxy auth with username and password

Hi,

I am trying to use Apache::AuthDBI to do password authentication of proxy
users. I have AuthDBI working fine with a regular directory like htdocs. But
when I can't get it to work with the proxy.

I tried in Netscape 4.72 to use a url like this
http://username:password@192.168.0.5

I also tried that url directly in the location bar

 http://username:password@cnn.com

That seemed to do something right because I got

poohpc - - [17/Apr/2002:13:36:47 -0700] "GET
http://efrazier:XXXXXXXX@cnn.com/ HTTP/1.0" 403 229 in the error log for
that one.

PerlRequire /usr/local/proxy/apache/conf/Start.pl

#proxyconf

<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
    ProxyRequests On

    <Directory proxy:*>
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from all
        #Allow from 192.168.0.2
        #Allow from 192.168.0.3
        #Allow from 192.168.0.5
        Allow from localhost

  AuthName DBIproxy
  AuthType Basic

  PerlAuthenHandler Apache::AuthDBI::authen

  PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_data_source   dbi:mysql:theDB
  PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_username      myusername
  PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_password      mypassword

 PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_pwd_table     user_info
 PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_uid_field     username
 PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_pwd_field     password

 PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_log_field     log
 PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_encrypted     off

  require user efrazier

    </Directory>

===============================

Start.pl contains

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use Apache::DBI ();
use Apache::AuthDBI ();
Apache::AuthDBI::DEBUG=3;

#use CGI;
#CGI->compile(qw(header param));

Apache::DBI->connect_on_init('dbi:mysql:dbname=theDB', 'myusername',
'mypassword');

=============================

I don't find anything on a google search about auth with usernames and
passwords. Mostly it seems to be about restricting by domains which won't
help me.

It might just be that I need to change my syntax a bit, or I am thinking
maybe there is a ProxyAuthHandler or something that I will have to use with
mod_perl.. Just to mention again, AuthDBI works fine with any directory auth.

Thanks,

Eric

http://www.kwinternet.com/eric
(250) 655 - 9513 (PST Time Zone)