Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Robert Mark Bram <re...@optusnet.com.au> on 2005/03/19 12:36:52 UTC

JSP being interpreted?

Hi All,

Not sure if I am way off mark, but it almost seems as if my JSP is not
being interpreted.

Using the /manager web app, I get my app deployed (I still can't figure
out why my command line install doesn't work) and I publish this page:

==
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/tld/c.tld" prefix="c" %>
	<c:set var="message" value="Hi there!"/>
	<c:out value="6. ${message}"/><br/>
	<c:out value="7. ${'message'}"/><br/>
	<b>Parameter values passed to this page for each parameter: </b>
	<c:forEach var="current" items="${param}">
		<b><c:out value="${current.key}" /></b>
		<c:forEach var="aVal" items="${paramValues[current.key]}">
			<c:out value="${aVal}" />
		</c:forEach>
	</c:forEach>
==

But the result is this:

==
6. ${message}
7. ${'message'}
Parameter values passed to this page for each parameter:
${current.key} 	${aVal}
==

Is it possible that my jsp code is not being interpreted?

A bit lost...

Rob
:)

--
Robert Mark Bram
http://phd.netcomp.monash.edu.au/RobertMarkBram/default.asp

School of Network Computing
Faculty of Information Technology
Monash University
Peninsula Campus
McMahons Rd
Frankston, VIC 3199
AUSTRALIA

Re: JSP being interpreted?

Posted by Robert Mark Bram <re...@optusnet.com.au>.
That was the answer mks!

>> Is it possible that my jsp code is not being interpreted?
>>
> Does the deployment descriptor of yout web-app declare conformance to the
> Servlet-API spec 2.4 - i. e. does it contain something like
>
> <web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
>     xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee
> http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd"
>     version="2.4">
> ?

Once I put this in my web.xml, undeployed the application and redeployed
it through the manager, it worked!

Shameful thing is that the basic web.xml file in the developer's guid did
not have this - it only had <web-app>.

One question left.. I had to undeploy/redeploy using the WebApp manager
because command line install doesn't work for me atm (as per my
"java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/tools/ant/types/RedirectorElement post"). How do you deploy
your apps and update them after code changes?

Thank you for your response!

Rob
:)

Re: JSP being interpreted?

Posted by Markus Schönhaber <ma...@schoenhaber.de>.
Am Samstag, 19. März 2005 12:36 schrieb Robert Mark Bram:
> ==
> <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/tld/c.tld" prefix="c" %>
> 	<c:set var="message" value="Hi there!"/>
> 	<c:out value="6. ${message}"/><br/>
> 	<c:out value="7. ${'message'}"/><br/>
> 	<b>Parameter values passed to this page for each parameter: </b>
> 	<c:forEach var="current" items="${param}">
> 		<b><c:out value="${current.key}" /></b>
> 		<c:forEach var="aVal" items="${paramValues[current.key]}">
> 			<c:out value="${aVal}" />
> 		</c:forEach>
> 	</c:forEach>
> ==
>
> But the result is this:
>
> ==
> 6. ${message}
> 7. ${'message'}
> Parameter values passed to this page for each parameter:
> ${current.key} 	${aVal}
> ==
>
> Is it possible that my jsp code is not being interpreted?

Does the deployment descriptor of yout web-app declare conformance to the
Servlet-API spec 2.4 - i. e. does it contain something like

    version="2.4">
?

Regards
mks