Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> on 2007/02/25 21:14:01 UTC

@Property attributes

The @Property annotation currently has two non-standard attributes:
     public String override() default "may";
     public String xmlType() default "";

I have marked these as @Deprecated but have not removed them as there
are references in our implementation. I think it should be fairly
easy to replace override() with the standard required() attribute but
it looked like it would be more complex to remove the xmlType() one
given its use in the databinding framework.

What do we need to do to remove these?
--
Jeremy

Re: @Property attributes

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeremy,

I'll take care of this, when I sync up the trunk for complex and multivalued
properties later down this week.

Thanks

- Venkat

Re: @Property attributes

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.

Re: @Property attributes

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.

Re: @Property attributes

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.
On Feb 25, 2007, at 12:14 PM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> The @Property annotation currently has two non-standard attributes:
>     public String override() default "may";
>     public String xmlType() default "";
>
> I have marked these as @Deprecated but have not removed them as
> there are references in our implementation. I think it should be
> fairly easy to replace override() with the standard required()
> attribute but it looked like it would be more complex to remove the
> xmlType() one given its use in the databinding framework.
>
> What do we need to do to remove these?
> --
> Jeremy
I think we need to remove them as they aren't spec compliant. I can
do that today if it makes sense or unless there is another option
(e.g. perhaps a different annotation?).

Jim