Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/29 16:00:10 UTC

[m2] surefire questions/remarks

Hi,

1) what is the default forkmode in surefire? The documentation does not seem
to be correct:

forkMode *(Optional)* String  ${forkMode}  once Option to specify the
forking mode. Can be "never" (default), "once" or "always". "none" and
"pertest" are also accepted for backwards compatibility.
The 3rd column says that "once" is the default, however, the last column
says that "never" is the default. What is correct?

2) The "issue tracking" report points to http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPA,
not to http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSUREFIRE

3) Is there a way to have surefire use the default classloading mechanism
via some option (mainly to work around
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSUREFIRE-115) -> I would like to migrate to
Maven 2, but this stops me from doing so. I could live with the fact that
the site or something would not work, but I really need to be able to run my
unittests. I was a bit surprised to see about 20 bugs open on one of the
most important plugins of maven.

regards,

Wim

Re: [m2] surefire questions/remarks

Posted by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brett,

maybe I did not use the correct terms, I ment to say "the default
classloader" and not the "default classloading mechanism". It is just a bit
frustrating, because I really want to change to Maven 2 because of all the
goodies in there, but if I can't run my unit tests, then I can't change
ofcourse.

regards,

Wim

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.