Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Mark Orciuch <mo...@apache.org> on 2003/01/02 22:34:53 UTC

RE: Role Merge

Carlos,

This method does fulfill our needs because it's good to provide a default
user profile. Sounds like what you're looking for is a combination of roles
+ references. You would create roles which would link to other psml via
reference feature. Any changes to referred psml would be reflected
immediately in the user psml. But this will only work well if your users
cannot customize.

Have you heard of any product out there that's intelligent enough to allow
what you're looking for?

Best regards,

Mark Orciuch - morciuch@apache.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/