Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Brett Palmer <br...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/27 02:26:10 UTC

Using entity engine to export non-ofbiz tables

I'm trying to use the entity engine to export data from Oracle to
Postgres.  The tables are from a 3rd party application and not part of
the ofbiz schema.  I have successfully mapped the table to the
appropriate ofbiz fields and successfully connected to the database.

The problem I'm having is when I use webtools to export the data I get
a SQL error because the entity engine adds the following ofbiz columns
to the SQL query:

LAST_UPDATED_STAMP,
LAST_UPDATED_TX_STAMP,
CREATED_STAMP,
CREATED_TX_STAMP

Since the table is not an ofbiz entity the columns do not exist and
the generated query will fail.  Is there a way to specify in the
entity model to only use those columns that are explicitly defined in
the definition file?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Brett

Re: Using entity engine to export non-ofbiz tables

Posted by Brett Palmer <br...@gmail.com>.
Perfect, just what I needed.

Thanks,

Brett