Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by ni...@gmail.com on 2005/10/20 01:05:22 UTC

No buffer space available

Hi,

I was trying to fetch DMOZ open directory using using the exact
example in the nutch tutorial website. It starts fetching the pages,
but after couple hundred pages it starts giving me this exception:

"java.net.SocketException: No buffer space available"

Do you have any idea why this might happen? I know it is running out
of availabe buffer for new socket, but why the old socket are not
closed? Even if a fetch fails its socket should be closed and the its
buffer should get freed!

I tried both 0.7 and 0.7.1.

On example of the given Exception is like this:

051018 153727 28 fetching http://perso.wanadoo.es/largo/
java.net.SocketException: No buffer space available
       at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
       at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:364)
       at org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.c
   reateSocket(DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.java:79)
       at org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.ControllerThreadSocketFactory$
   1.doit(ControllerThreadSocketFactory.java:90)
       at org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.ControllerThreadSocketFactory$
   SocketTask.run(ControllerThreadSocketFactory.java:157)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Nima