Posted to user@drill.apache.org by "Schwendimann Thomas I.BSCWI.1701" <th...@stud.hslu.ch> on 2018/10/29 15:14:07 UTC

Hbase tables in apache drill not showing up

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am trying to use apache drill to query an hbase table. I uploaded a table "users" through pig. When checking through the hbase shell, I can confirm that the table "users" is there and filled with my data. However, on apache drill there is no hbase table when using the query "show databases". All my hive and mongoDB tables show up however.

These are my configurations:

https://i.imgur.com/147RcUz.png

If you can help me out here it's greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Thomas

Re: Hbase tables in apache drill not showing up

Posted by Arjun kr <ar...@outlook.com>.
Do you have Zookeeper service running on Drillbit nodes? Try below command from the drillbit node.

echo ruok | nc localhost 2181

Please make sure Zookeeper connection settings in storage plugin definition are in sync with the settings in hbase-site.xml used by HBase services.

Thanks,

Arjun

Posted by Khurram Faraaz <kf...@mapr.com>.
Hi,

 {
          "type": "hbase",
          "config": {
            "hbase.zookeeper.quorum": "1.2.3.12",
            "hbase.zookeeper.property.clientPort": "2181"
          },
        }