Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Mordechai <mr...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/05 16:51:47 UTC

Save Only Transaction Response Times

Hi,

I would like to trap all transaction controller response times to their 1
csv.
Currently I trap all http samplers and transaction responses times to
Aggregate Report as a csv and run a ruby script to extract the Transaction
response times.  My tests are larger and the csv's are becoming huge.

Outside of creating a separate Aggregate report listener as a child for each
Transaction Controller is there a faster more efficient way to do this?

Thanks
Mordechai

RE: Save Only Transaction Response Times

Posted by Mordechai <mr...@gmail.com>.
Your exactly right - thats what I do now.  What happened was that I had debug
on and the logs had changed slightly and this change had caused my script to
slow down, which made me think it wasn't scaling since the time to parse the
log started getting very long.  I recently realized the debug issue, and
have removed it and I'm back to using the ruby script.

Thanks.
Mordechai

Sonam Chauhan wrote:

> [ Sorry if I didn't understand the question ] Instead of adding report
> listeners to your testcase, can't your ruby script simply extract
> sampler response times from the JMeter logfile (assuming one is being
> generated). I'd assume JMeter GC-es its logfile-writer code quite
> efficiently. There is some documentation of the JMeter logfile format on
> the JMeter wiki.

Express advises that this email and any attached files should be scanned to

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.