Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by Nick Warrington <Ni...@PACONSULTING.COM> on 2006/12/20 17:24:51 UTC

How do I load str into DOM

Hi All

I have written some C++ code that loads an XML file using Xerces DOM
from an XML file and does some stuff with it. I would like to be able to
do the same thing but from a string instead of a file. How on earth do I
do it?

This seems to me like a lame question. However, I can't find any
examples or documentation that describe how to do this.

Thanks in advance.

Nick

Re: How do I load str into DOM

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@datadirect.com>.
Hi Nick,

At 16.24 20/12/2006 +0000, Nick Warrington wrote:
>Hi All
>
>I have written some C++ code that loads an XML file using Xerces DOM
>from an XML file and does some stuff with it. I would like to be able to
>do the same thing but from a string instead of a file. How on earth do I
>do it?
>
>This seems to me like a lame question. However, I can't find any
>examples or documentation that describe how to do this.

Look at the MemParse sample...

Alberto

RE: How do I load str into DOM

Posted by Jesse Pelton <js...@PKC.com>.
Have you looked at the MemParse sample?  It uses a SAX parser, but the
technique (create and use a MemBufInputSource) is the same for DOM
parsers.