Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Raymond Chan - Symmetrics <Ra...@symmetrics.net> on 2005/07/20 23:36:53 UTC

XMLConfigurator, Asp.Net

Hello,

I have an ASP.Net application.

I initialize log4net in Global.asax using

log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator.Configure(myConfigFileInfo);

Can someone explain to me what is suppose to happen when I change the
config file?

It seems that the running asp.net (the app domain?) thread is aborted
and Global.asax Application_Start method is called again. This causes me
some problems because I actually spawn a new thread in Global.asax (I
know, this isn't the greatest design...) to do some background work, and
when the config file changes, my threads are aborted.

When I step through the code in the IDE, I can see in the output window
the following:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Threading.ThreadAbortException'
occurred in Unknown Module.

Additional information: Thread was being aborted.

The program '[1376] aspnet_wp.exe:
/LM/W3SVC/1/Root/DevMercury-9-127663932072093560' has exited with code 0
(0x0).

Is this correct? Have I done something wrong? Any thoughts would be
greatly appreciated,

Thank you,

Raymond