Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Iskandar Salim <is...@javaxp.net> on 2004/03/14 18:34:23 UTC

Lucene Taglib

Hi,

I've created a taglib to do basic searching/indexing with Lucene. The docs/examples/source/binaries is at http://www.javaxp.net/lucene-taglib/
It's still quite incomplete but the basic functions are there.

Regards,
Iskandar Salim

Re: Lucene Taglib

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
Iskandar Salim wrote:
> Yes, I'm planning to add it to the Jakarta Taglib Sandbox and have read
> through the documents on submitting a new taglib.
> However, I think the taglib is still too basic in it's functions and Lucene
> is a huge API. I am still learning Lucene and Java, for that matter.
> I would gladly submit a proposal if you guys think otherwise and let the
> gurus improve on it.

Iskandar,

The taglib doesn't have to be complex to be useful, in fact I would say
simpler taglibs are more desirable.  I had spec'd out the design for a
lucene taglib a while ago, and yours does everything I was looking to do.

The only change I would make is to make an EL-version of it.

--
Serge Knystautas
President

Re: Lucene Taglib