Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Praveer Mathur <pr...@delhi.tcs.co.in> on 2002/06/04 11:00:18 UTC

Passing Dynamic values to tags

Hi All,

When I use tags in Apache tag libraries in my JSPs, I am able to pass
dynamic values from Java as its attributes.
Ex - <lib: form form name = <%=formname%>

However when I write my own tags, I can only pass constant attibutes as the
tag replaces the attribute vales as as a string instead of treating it as
Java code that needs to be executed. Any clues what I need to do to make my
tags accept dynamic values? or rather what has Apache done so that it takes
it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Praveer

Re: Passing Dynamic values to tags

Posted by Nicolas De Loof <ni...@cgey.com>.
Your taglib definition file (tld) can declare an <rtexprvalue> element for
attributes of your tags. "true" value allows JSP to use "runtime expression
values".

<attribute>
<name>id</name>
<required>true</required>
<rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
</attribute>

Nico

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@datagate.co.uk>.
You need to modify your Tag library descriptor and put
<rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue> inside <attribute></attribute> tags for
attributes that needs to be dynamically assigned.
--
Best regards,
Dejan Bosanac, Software Developer

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>