Posted to users@camel.apache.org by akcameluser <ay...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/19 23:14:18 UTC

Camel FTP is not consuming large files

Hi

I have an OSGI Bundle deployed on ServiceMix. Currently it's consuming files
from a remote FTP server up to 300 MB of size. If I drop a 500 MB file (zip
file) it doesn't get picked up and I can't see anything on the log. I have
also noticed that if I drop a small file while the big file is still there,
the smaller file gets consumed. This seems to show that Camel FTP is
ignoring large files.

Any idea how to consume large files? And how best to consume them?

Many thanks in advance.

Re: Camel FTP is not consuming large files

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
Also *note* with camel 2.11 (when it's released :) ) you have the option to
stream the download directly from the ftp site without storing to local
disk:

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 8:55 AM, akcameluser <ay...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Claus
>
> Many thanks for your suggestions. Adding localWorkingDir did the trick. The
> large file are now being downloaded into the temporary folder and
> eventually
> consumed by the service.
>
> Many thanks

*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
twitter: @christianposta

Re: Camel FTP is not consuming large files

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Check the logs what is happening. You can enable DEBUG logging on the
org.apache.camel.component.file.remote package to see what goes on.
Also if you download big files, use the localWorkDirectory option so
you wont read the files into memory. As 500 MB may affect your
ServiceMix server.

And is there anything odd with the file name of the 500MB file. The
consumer may skip the file if the name starts with a dot or something.

And what version of ServiceMix / Camel are you using? And what OS are
the FTP server and ServiceMix running on?

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 11:14 PM, akcameluser <ay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have an OSGI Bundle deployed on ServiceMix. Currently it's consuming files
> from a remote FTP server up to 300 MB of size. If I drop a 500 MB file (zip
> file) it doesn't get picked up and I can't see anything on the log. I have
> also noticed that if I drop a small file while the big file is still there,
> the smaller file gets consumed. This seems to show that Camel FTP is
> ignoring large files.
>
> Any idea how to consume large files? And how best to consume them?
>
> Many thanks in advance.

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat