Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by sgjava <sg...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/24 18:32:09 UTC

JAX-RS return empty collection instead of null?

I have a requirement where I need to return an empty collection instead of
null for null collections using JAX-RS. Is there such a setting in TomEE 7
for Johnzon?

Re: JAX-RS return empty collection instead of null?

Posted by Steve Goldsmith <sg...@gmail.com>.
Yea, I use jaxb-basics and it generates nillable = true, but I'm not sure
what settings to use for null == empty collection.

--
Steven P. Goldsmith

Re: JAX-RS return empty collection instead of null?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steve Goldsmith <sg...@gmail.com>.

--
Steven P. Goldsmith

Re: JAX-RS return empty collection instead of null?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steve Goldsmith <sg...@gmail.com>.

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 3:20 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> Johnzon shouldnt skip them by default. Do you return an empty array/list?
> Le 24 mai 2016 21:09, "sgjava" <sg...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> > I have a requirement where I need to return an empty collection instead
> of
> > null for null collections using JAX-RS. Is there such a setting in TomEE
> 7
> > for Johnzon?
> >

> > --

Steven P. Goldsmith

Re: JAX-RS return empty collection instead of null?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi