Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org> on 2007/07/30 19:04:12 UTC

Docs into SVN?

projects that use Confluence (+ Pier's autoexport plugin) as CMS, don't put the
docs into SVN.

AFAIU it is still an ASF rule (at least I haven't heard something different) but
OTOH it prevents us from automatizing the web site deployment and forces us to
perform a couple of manual! steps.

Opinions?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

Re: Docs into SVN?

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On 7/30/07, Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org> wrote:

>> projects that use Confluence (+ Pier's autoexport plugin) as CMS, don't put the
>> docs into SVN....
>
> It would be interesting to verify this, maybe via pmcs@apache.org?
>
> Or maybe ask infra first, if the policy still stands.

Some more thoughts: Confluence is managed by Apache Infra, Daisy not.

Anyway, I will ask on infra@.  Thanks Grek and Bertrand.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

Re: Docs into SVN?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On 7/30/07, Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org> wrote:

> projects that use Confluence (+ Pier's autoexport plugin) as CMS, don't put the
> docs into SVN....

It would be interesting to verify this, maybe via pmcs@apache.org?

Or maybe ask infra first, if the policy still stands.

-Bertrand

Re: Docs into SVN?

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.
Reinhard Poetz pisze:

> that all projects that use Confluence (+ Pier's autoexport plugin) as
> CMS, don't put the docs into SVN.
>
> AFAIU it is still an ASF rule (at least I haven't heard something
> different) but OTOH it prevents us from automatizing the web site
> deployment and forces us to perform a couple of manual! steps.
>
> Opinions?

Daisy has versioning mechanisms and if we have a decent backuping I'm fine with docs not put in the svn. Shouldn't this question be raised
on infrastructure@ ?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski