Posted to user@commons.apache.org by T Mathis <jt...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/27 11:17:43 UTC

[deamon] SystemTray

Hi,

I have a java program which uses the SystemTray. Now i'm starting it
with commons-deamon 1.0.10

How is it possible to see the SystemTray icon on the desktop (for every user)?

Thx,
Tom

Re: [deamon] SystemTray

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
On 04/27/2012 11:17 AM, T Mathis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a java program which uses the SystemTray. Now i'm starting it
> with commons-deamon 1.0.10
>
> How is it possible to see the SystemTray icon on the desktop (for every user)?

With older windows that's possible by using interactive service mode.
However with Vista and later, Microsoft uses Session 0 concept, so without
some serious tricks that's not possible (and not recommended).

The true solution would be to use a 'service' and separate try application
which would communicate with the 'service' using some IPC mechanism.

Regards
--
^TM