Posted to ojb-dev@db.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com> on 2003/07/28 12:11:58 UTC

Support for BOOLEAN JDBC type.

Hi:

I have a table with a field using the boolean type. The error said:

org.apache.ojb.broker.OJBRuntimeException:
The type BOOLEAN for attribute usr_enable can not be handled by OJB.
Please specify only types as defined by java.sql.Types.

But the BOOLEAN type is defined in java.sql.Types :)

The source in question is:

at org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.FieldDescriptor.getJdbcType
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.FieldDescriptor.getColumnJdbcType
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.util.SqlHelper.getSqlTypeRwAll
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.StatementManager.bindInsert
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.JdbcAccessImpl.executeInsert
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.storeToDb
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.store
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.store
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.DelegatingPersistenceBroker.store
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.DelegatingPersistenceBroker.store

I hope this problem will be resolved.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

RE: Support for BOOLEAN JDBC type.

Posted by Ricardo Tercero Lozano <rt...@isoco.com>.
I see. If you look at org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.FieldDescriptor
class code, in method getJdbcType(), you can see how the field
conversion between repository String an real JDBC type is implemented.
If you need support for BOOLEAN type I think you must add a comparison
for this data type.

Ricardo.

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Hi: