Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> on 2001/10/18 06:31:09 UTC

[PROPOSAL] New Project Creation Guidelines

Here is my proposal for new project creation guidelines. I have not linked
it into the main site until I can get 3 +1 votes from the PMC and 0 -1 votes
from the PMC.

    <http://jakarta.apache.org/site/newproject.html>

I will accept any patches against this document and/or direct commits from
PMC members.

:-)

-jon

Re: [PROPOSAL] New Project Creation Guidelines

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 10/18/01 12:41 AM, "Ceki Gülcü" <cg...@qos.ch> wrote:

> You should remove the last paragraph, otherwise +1.

Done.

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <cg...@qos.ch>.

Ceki Gülcü - http://qos.ch
Link of the day: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A40473-2001Oct10.html

Re: [PROPOSAL] New Project Creation Guidelines

Posted by Chuck Murcko <ch...@topsail.org>.
"decline in FooProduct's intended market" works for me. 8^)

+1

Chuck

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 20 Oct 2001 09:53, Daniel Rall wrote:
> Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org> writes:
> > I know, but reading it without the "full" introduction to the quote makes
> > it appear as we're talking about M$-ASP, and makes us look "bad" (not
> > that I care much about M$ anyway, but...). Another option is "expanding"
> > it and replacing it with application service provider in full...
>
> Expanding it is a good idea.

But the question remains - why do we need to even mention ASP. Can't we just
say the FooMarket for the FooProduct has dried up ? ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete

Re: [PROPOSAL] New Project Creation Guidelines

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.